ML137: Caroline Crampton on Podcasting Principles, The Business of Media and Building a Loyal Audience
Caroline Crampton is a podcaster, writer and media commentator.
She makes a popular podcast about detective fiction called Shedunnit and writes for two email newsletters about podcasts - Hot Pod and The Listener.
She also writes narrative non-fiction, like her book The Way to the Sea and produces book reviews, interviews and columns for publications like the Mail on Sunday, the Guardian and the New Humanist.
As a podcast creator and reviewer, Caroline spends several hours a day listening to podcasts and she understands the ins and outs of the space better than almost anyone. In this episode we discuss:
- What Caroline looks for in a good podcast and her current listening habits
- The business of media and why podcasts are growing so fast
- How to make creative work that builds a loyal audience – Caroline still has a cult following from her pop culture Podcast SRSLY
So if you’re keen to learn more about podcasting, writing and the creative process, this episode has you covered.
✉️ The Listener
Sign up to my weekly newsletter and you'll get:
- 5x Video Lessons on the 5 key MetaLearning Principles
- 5x One-Page Cheatsheets to help you apply each principle
- The Learning Toolkit featuring my top 10 learning Apps
Enter Your Details Below for Instant Access