ML143: Anthony Metivier on Building a Victorious Mind by Mastering Memory, Meditation and Mental Wellbeing
Anthony was my third ever guest on the podcast and was the first guest I hadn't met before - so he'll always have a special place in the history of the MetaLearn Podcast. In that episode we spoke about how to use memory palaces to memorise virtually anything, mnemonic based strategies for learning languages and the weird and wonderful world of memory sports.
In this conversation we drew on a number of themes from Anthony's new book, The Victorious Mind, which is part autobiography, part practical manual on how to use the two pillars of meditation and memory techniques to improve your focus, sharpen your thinking and safeguard your mental wellbeing.
In this episode we discuss
- The importance of metaphors and analogies for understanding the mind
- How to master meditation and safeguard your mental wellbeing
- How to navigate the world of self-help effectively
We also speak about the cultural conversation around mental health and the nature of knowledge.This was a great conversation and I'll be very surprised if it doesn't inspire you to ask yourself some thought provoking questions by the end of it.
Sign up to my weekly newsletter and you'll get:
- 5x Video Lessons on the 5 key MetaLearning Principles
- 5x One-Page Cheatsheets to help you apply each principle
- The Learning Toolkit featuring my top 10 learning Apps
Enter Your Details Below for Instant Access