ML146: Sam Sethi on Applying Second Curve Thinking to Your Career and The Future of Podcasting & Voice Technology
Sam Sethi is an award winning radio presenter, podcaster and entrepreneur. He's been immersed in the tech industry for some time, starting his career at Microsoft before moving onto Netscape and Gateway Computers. He has also started and sold three successful startups and was a renowned blogger who started Techcrunch Europe.
Right now he's focused on podcasting and voice technology - he runs his own podcast Sam Talks Technology where interviews entrepreneurs, helps produce and create podcasts and Alexa skills for clients and is running a series of online events about the podcasting industry.
In this episode we discuss:
- How to apply second curve thinking in your career to stay futureproof
- The future of podcasting and how listening habits differ across the world
- Why smart speakers are an intermediate technology and what's on the way from the cutting edge of voice tech
As you can probably tell from recent episodes, I'm becoming increasingly curious about the future of podcasting and voice tech and Sam was the perfect person to get into the weeds with on this as well as providing some great insights on career, lessons from the army and much more.
📖 The Second Curve - Charles Handy
Sign up to my weekly newsletter and you'll get:
- 5x Video Lessons on the 5 key MetaLearning Principles
- 5x One-Page Cheatsheets to help you apply each principle
- The Learning Toolkit featuring my top 10 learning Apps
Enter Your Details Below for Instant Access