ML29: Julian Treasure on The Power of Sound, Training Your Listening Skills and How To Communicate Better
Julian Treasure is a communications expert, acclaimed TED Speaker and the founder of The Sound Agency, a consultancy that helps businesses improve their results by becoming more conscious about their sound.
Studies have shown that we spend 60% of our communication time listening but the average person can only remember 10% of that 3 days later. And every one of us needs to learn how to listen better, especially in a world full of noise.
As an expert on sound and listening Julian is perfectly placed to advise on this and his 5 TED talks on listening, speaking and communication have been viewed an estimated 40 million times, with one in the top 20 of all time.
In this episode we discuss a range of topics including:
- How we can use sound to positively influence our learning and life
- The 5 simple tools that people can apply right now to listen better
- The tips we can learn from great speakers to improve our communication skills
So whether you're looking to improve your listening or speaking skills, or use
sound more consciously in your learning life, this episode has you covered with actionable strategies you can apply right away.
Sign up to my weekly newsletter and you'll get:
- 5x Video Lessons on the 5 key MetaLearning Principles
- 5x One-Page Cheatsheets to help you apply each principle
- The Learning Toolkit featuring my top 10 learning Apps
Enter Your Details Below for Instant Access