ML40: How To Learn a New Skill
Most people over estimate how hard it is to learn a new skill because they confuse getting good at something with becoming a master in it.
This short episode will give you a simple framework to take you from the novice, beginner stage to an intermediate level of proficiency as enjoyably and effectively as possible in the skill you want to learn.
In this episode you'll learn how to:
- Filter learning projects in order to choose the ones you're likely to stick with
- Build strategies based on the three pillars of mindset, habits and environment
- Deal with the inevitable challenges you'll face on your learning journey
So whether you're building a business, learning a language or picking up a sport, this episode will give you the principles and techniques needed to succeed.
🎙 ML52: Kalid Azad on Getting Better at Math, the Key To a Good Explanation and the Art of Rapid Skill Acquisition
🎙 ML46: Barbara Oakley on Learning How To Learn, Retraining Your Brain and The Secrets Behind Great Online Education
🎙 ML20: Scott Young on Ultralearning Projects, the MIT Challenge and The Year Without English
📄 The Learning Mindset You Need To Avoid At All Costs
📄 How The Growth Mindset Can Harm Your Learning
📄 Why Competing With Yourself Is the Best Way To Learning Anything
Sign up below and you'll get:
- 5x Video Lessons on the 5 key MetaLearning Principles
- 5x One-Page Cheatsheets to help you apply each principle
- The Learning Toolkit featuring my top 10 learning Apps
Enter Your Details Below for Instant Access