ML65: What’s The Point of School?
"What's the point of school?" is a question that’s
been asked for hundreds of years. It’s a question that some of history’s
greatest thinkers have spent their entire lives trying to answer.
But we still don’t seem to have an answer that most people would agree with. If anything, the debate about what should be going on in schools and universities is getting fiercer with every year that passes.
In this short episode, Will Reynolds, writer, videographer and all around MetaLearner, joins me to discuss a range of topics including:
- The difference between learning and education and why it matters
- The harmful mindsets that education instils in us and how to combat them
- How the method of teaching has evolved in schools across history
So whether you're curious about the effects that the educational system has on us or just want to learn more about what some of history’s greatest thinkers have contributed to the debate, this episode will give you all that and much more.
This episode was edited by George Drake Jr.
Sign up below and you'll get:
- 5x Video Lessons on the 5 key MetaLearning Principles
- 5x One-Page Cheatsheets to help you apply each principle
- The Learning Toolkit featuring my top 10 learning Apps
Enter Your Details Below for Instant Access