ML84: George Spencer on Building Business Skills, Disrupting The Property Market and Dispelling Media Myths in Tech
Spencer is the founder of Rentify an online
letting agent disrupting the property rental market.
Here in the UK, high streets are littered with letting agents charging sky-high fees for signing simple contracts, ripping-off tenants and landlords all the time – as if it wasn’t expensive enough already to rent!
George previously worked as a PHP developer and had a spell in advertising before he decided to set up Rentify in 2011, after deciding he couldn’t put up with estate agents ripping people off anymore.
In this conversation we discuss a range of topics including:
- How George learned enough about the property market to disrupt it
- How to develop core business skills including raising money and hiring
- The most common media myths about entrepreneurship
So whether you’re looking to start your own business, understand how to leverage technology to disrupt inefficient markets or hear some common media myths about entrepreneurship dispelled, this episode will give you all that and more.
Sign up to my weekly newsletter and you'll get:
- 5x Video Lessons on the 5 key MetaLearning Principles
- 5x One-Page Cheatsheets to help you apply each principle
- The Learning Toolkit featuring my top 10 learning Apps
Enter Your Details Below for Instant Access